Sunday 10 August 2014

Make-up and self-esteem issues

The exact moment in which i remembered this, I was on my way out of the shower this morning. My town currently has some festival going on and folk music is being belted out while I try to write this, quite distracting. 

So back to the point of this post. I have worn make-up every single day I have left my house since I was fourteen. It isn't until now at the age of twenty-one almost twenty-two that I have become comfortable without make-up. The main thing that has changed in the recent years is my skin. Having suffered with acne for the better part of my teens I finally decided to see a dermatologist. And let me tell you it was the BEST DECISION of my life. I became much more confident. That was one step of the process.

An incident occurred towards the end of last year. I had what appeared to be some sort of eye infection. It freaked me out to the point that I went to class next day WITHOUT any eye make-up. I have NEVER done this before. Needless to say I was scared shitless of my classmates reactions. Guess what? NOBODY noticed a difference! I had been worried for years and years, limiting myself.

My point is nobody cares more than you, and if you don't care neither will they.






No comments:

Post a Comment